Sunday, August 5, 2007

Day 3 - On This Amazing & Difficult Journey


Dear fellow optifasters,

its 2:30 pm Sunday afternoon on this transformational journey that we all are on. I find myself looking for new ways to use my time in a way that is different than what I am used to. For example today I have not turned on the TV once, which is a miracle in and of itself, I watch the news in the morning.

The first and second day of this fast was "H-E-double hockey sticks" for me, to say the least. I wanted to eat all day and all night on both days. It was very very hard not to, and I did take a bite of something on Friday night. Yesterday I had a friend come over to help me empty the rest of the food items out of my house, so now its completely empty except for water and Optifast.

I threw out all take-out menu's too. This I feel will help in my struggle through this first week. I live alone with 2 cats so I feel that I probably have it somewhat easier than some of you do.

I cant help but think of those of you who have other people living in your house who do eat food. Or even those who have children who you have to cook for. I am praying for you and feel for you.

Today (day 3) seems to be somewhat easier for me. I have been reading a book on a subject that I am studying. I am listening to meditation music such as "Shamanic Dreams", "Grace" and "Deva Premal-Dakshina" and from my church "Agape International Spiritual Center" (in Culver City) some "Rikki BB".
To assist in the food-detox process, I just took a Epsom salt bath with a few drops of tea tree oil to clear my skin and energy field of toxins that may be released during this process. It was very refreshing and it was very calming, and it took my mind off the 'food' issue.

May I mention that I am a Reiki Master Practitioner, so I have Reiki to help to assist me in the wonderful process of fasting. I have an office here in Long Beach and do Reiki on clients after work (my day job is in Hospice) and on weekends. But for now I'm only seeing one or two clients so that I can focus on this process of transformation & healing with the Optifast program.

I created this blog because I have only done a liquid fast once before for one week and would like to connect with my classmates to share how you are doing and give tips for getting through the tough spots. And believe me I'm having some tough spots.

I have decided to stay home as much as possible in these first few days. Going out seems to have too much temptation involved in it. I did have to go out at least once or twice each day but haven't gone out with friends etc.... I'm kind of opting out of all social events with friends & family till I feel more confident that I can stick to my "PLAN".

You may or may not ask what is Reiki? I will explain at a later time but essentially it is an ancient form of "Energy Healing". My Reiki Master Teacher is William Lee Rand in case you already know what Reiki is or do Reiki yourself.

Well that's it for now. Next Thursdays meeting I plan to pass out this address so that you all can write and share your experience, strength, hope, thoughts, tips and anything else you feel will help you and or us in this process.

Sending love and light to all of you, Denise Matherly

2 comments:

piggy said...

You are fantastic. I am in Perth WA and this is my First week of many diets but going well

Anonymous said...

Bariatric surgery is a treatment for lose the weight. We can go for it if we are so much fat. It is so much reliable and successful also.

bariatric surgery